Thursday 4 November 2010

chickpea and tomato soup with chorizo and green chilli

Having only eaten the last of Monday's beetroot borscht for lunch (okay, and some toasted banana bread from Kaffiene), cycling home into the teeth of a headwind is very hard tonight. I've got no energy whatsoever, I'm getting the bonk by the time I come out of Hyde Park and it's by only fixating on getting a bar of fruit and nut from the newsagents at the end of our road which gets me home.

What I don't want to do when I get in is even contemplate any more soup. Two bowls of soup isn't enough for a growing chap like myself, I'll fade away! However Ana cajoles me into it, and weakened by an alcoholic ginger beer and a 7.45 mile cycle ride, I cave in - and I'm bloody glad I did as the end result is utterly delish!


Warm, hearty and slightly spicy, the crispy chorizo and lime juice set it all off beautifully. We will definitely, DEFINITELY be having it again, although I think it's too thick to get into my thermos for lunch.

Food of the Milos
Despite being a bit pickley today, the little boy has a much better Thursday. Toast and Phili for breakfast, and pasta bolognese with fruit salad for lunch at Julia's. For dinner he has one of his new favourite dishes, Lucy Brenda Baxter's Chicken Curry. He maybe preparing for a weekend of being a minx in Ashton-Under-Hill however, because it wasn't particularly wolfed down. More weaseled I'd say...

sources
chickpea and tomato soup with chorizo and green chilli - Bill Granger, Delicious, February 2008 p68. It's not in any of my Bill Granger books, so I'm intrigued as to which it's in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo