Thursday 10 September 2009

balsamic and thyme steak with stuffed peppers

A very sleepy Monday ends with another hearty-meal/healthy salad hybrid. Can steak and cheesey rice-stuffed peppers be healthy? I suppose sort of, although definitely no pork pie garnish this time.

balsamic and thyme steak with stuffed peppersI've seem to have finally got the hang of cooking the steak to a nicely medium rare state (hurrah!), although the balsamic vinegar plays merry hell with my frying pan. The peppers are a much better side in summer/autumn than cabbage and potato, though looking at the weather, the cabbage is coming.

Food of the Milos
The grumpy pants are firmly on the little blond boy's bottom today, nothing is right and he's now getting picky over which dummy or comfort bib he has. We're going to have burn those bad boys soon. He also *definitely* needs a haircut. Anyway, eating is cheating today, although he does make room for fish fingers and beans for dinner. Of course he does...

sources
stuffed peppers - Delicious, April 2009, p31
balsamic and thyme steak - Delicious One Month Healthy Eating Plan, February 2007, p19

4 comments:

  1. Anything that has salad on it is considered healthy! I am trying to find/convert as many recipes as I can for my new slow cooker. Going into summer is probably not the best time to be doing this but hey.

    Have you made my Mum's recipe for Chicken with prunes, capers and olives yet? I am not sure if those are to your tastes, but seriously, its delicious!

    http://tillwemeatagain.blogspot.com/2009/07/this-is-our-new-favourite-meal-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love prunes so I'm going to observe that right this second.

    I noticed Ron spurned my good luck call to his mobile, so I hope they win but he doesn't score any points and is made to drink a ladyboy.

    r
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. he says he would never spurn a call from you, are you sure you called? he didn't have a missed call. Sigh, it was HORRIBLE such a miserable ending to a wonderful couple of seasons. God, grown men weeping and ladies renting their garments. And now he is broken, I hope not too badly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS our home phone number is
    +61288123271

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo