Tuesday 17 January 2012

hugh fearnley-whittingstall's roasted parsnip, lentil and watercress salad

Having totally failed to make this last night due to a disappointing lack of parmesan, tonight we make like Blue Peter with our "Here's some we chopped earlier" parsnips, and roast the hell out of Saint Hugh's crowd-pleasing salad.

However we're nothing if not keen on a challenge, and tonight we conjure up two:

1. I fall asleep with Milo whilst roasting the parsnips, which then call for careful management once I wake up with a vague smell of caramelising root veg in my nostrils;
2. Ana has a parent's evening at Nursery, which has the knock on effect of not only rescuing the 'snips, but the lentils also need some extra loving to stop them turning to mush. And then it all needs to be kept warmish for longer than anticipated.

Though I say it myself it's a triumph, although I do fall into the trap of thinking I'm actually more hungry than I really am, and eat far too much before bed. It's the not-naughty-but-now-time-out-or-thoughtful-step for me.


sources
roasted parsnip, lentil and watercress salad - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, River Cottage Veg Everyday, p90

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo