Wednesday 4 January 2012

bill granger's chick pea and tomato soup with chorizo

Only four day's in and our New Year's pro activity went slightly awry this evening, when I fell asleep with Milo, and then we managed not to apply for his school place in September. Again. I'm fairly sure as I'm married to a teacher, and knowing so many other fine educators, we could just home school him? I did manage to sign-up to our Milkman's website ordering though, so that's one thing. Electronic milk - it's the future!

Whilst all this internet jiggery-pokery was going on, we had a sort-of experimental soup ticking away on the hob. Experimental in the sense I only had one can of chickpeas and had to make it up with the array of 2-for-1 cans of pulses I bought ages ago.

Behold, a strangely super-saturated photo of Bill Granger's chick pea and tomato soup with chorizo AND mystery ingredients.



To be fair you would never know there was flageolet and cannelini beans in there as the chick peas only really add bulk and some texture, but three sorts of pulses? We won't need the central heating tonight, and I apologise in advance to my co-colleagues tomorrow...

Finally, don't forget to ask for any specific recipes you want listed. I won't be cracked to write them up otherwise.

sources
chick pea and tomato soup with chorizo and green chilli - Bill Granger, Delicious, February 2008 p68

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo