Tuesday 3 May 2011

tomato, red onion and creme fraiche tart with salad

For some reason today is a complete blank. I blame the bank holiday (and Pippa's dress), but what I do know is whilst having the full complement of ingredients for the tart, we've only got leaves for the salad, which leaves (ho ho!) me slightly non-plussed how to create a tasty salad.

As it turns out, the chance discovery of walnuts in the cupboard, and some walnut oil, inspires the creation of a sort of waldorf salad.


sources
tomato, red onion and creme fraiche tart - Delicious, 2005 or 2006, now the Parsley Book

1 comment:

  1. I love that tart, I forget, do you make your own pastry? I am inspired to make Maggie Beer's sour cream pastry for a salmon quiche I have been intending on making for ages, Ron thinks its gay.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo