Monday 9 May 2011

pancetta-wrapped salmon with griddled asparagus and lime creme fraiche

Discovering I had a puncture as I was going out the door this morning means tonight's plans have to be put on fast-forward if I've got any chance of a) getting home early to have the promised pre-bed bath with Milo, b) fix the puncture and c) get some blogging done, and all before d) the Glee Gaga special starts at nine.

As it is, I only get b) and c) completed but I've promised to get home early tomorrow for the bath, I can watch Glee tomorrow at work, and the pressures of time mean we get to eat this super fresh and healthy salmon dish Ana cooked back in February, with a glass of rose together. You can just feel the pounds dropping off!


Actually Lucyfer cooked this recently so it was already in the back of mind when Brenda turned up with half-a-hundredweight of asparagus over Easter. Sadly our crops were from the IoW Brenda, although I did use your patented snapping technique on them...

Food of the Milos
He's got nursery *and* a playdate today, so his powernap on the way back from Greg and Amanda's yesterday might just come in handy.
Breakfast: Chocolate porridge;
Lunch: Dried mango and apple on the way back from nursery, then he once again proved his gannet credentials when Sam came over with her two - sausages, broccoli, sweetcorn and Thomas pasta shapes, a fruit juice ice lolly, then pillaging smoked salmon from his mother's plate. Then another lolly, this time a Mini-Milk;
Dinner: Homemade Hawaiian pizza, a yoghurt tube, and more nibbles - dried mango, pineapple, salami and ham.



sources
pancetta-wrapped salmon with griddled asparagus and lime creme fraiche - Delicious, June 2010, p23

7 comments:

  1. I miss salmon, its so expensive here and only really sold at fishmongers in big bits, not the handy packages that we bought consistently from Tescos, buy-one-get-one-free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this gave me inspiration for the two salmon fillets randomly purchased at the weekend - I had everything apart from the creme fraiche but we didn't miss it! a most marvellous treat indeed.. smileyface

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this too! However in the heat of the moment I forgot to wrap the salmon in the pancetta and then lost the will to live when Brian turned up an hour late for dinner so the creme fraiche never got made.... hmmm so it really wasnt this dish I made, just salmon and asparagus..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost bought two salmon fillets at Aldi this morning for about $29 a kilo. Bloody ridiculous. Instead I bought a tin of pink salmon to make quiche with, will report back as to how that goes! (My bet, no one else will eat it thanks to Ron's aversion to tinned fish.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you all bought hand-picked salmon?

    That aside: Ron? Idiot. Brian? Idiot. Dave? My number 1 number 2.

    As you were

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that mini-Barnes? He's adorable. I'm going to save myself for him - especially if you're teaching him to cook.

    It's fine. When he's 18 I'll be 37, which is fine. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now Dora, we've already got him lined up with Isla-Boo who is in line to inherit a riverside pad. It's not a done deal yet, and certainly the Cantab Education is scoring higher than Isla's current standard of Mary Magdalene's Nursery, so there is scope there...

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo