Monday 26 July 2010

mozzarella, peach, basil and parma ham salad

Half day today as I had my driving lesson this afternoon. It's a bit of a scorcher, until my nerve-calming pre-test lesson when it bins it down and I have my worse afternoon driving on record. Until the test, WHICH I PASS! Wooo - I'm strictly legal, finally!

I only got one minor error, and after 15 years ana has pretty much given up driving. Better and better there's no Bikini Blitz tonight, so after a cup of tea at Des and Ali's next door and the usual bath and bed routine we have a couple of cheeky vinos to celebrate!

For dinner we have one of our new-found classics, but with an exciting twist - we've grown our own salad! Here it is, a combination of pak choi, rocket, mizuna, mibuna (?), cima di rapa, green mustard and red mustard. It was a free packet given away by the D-Bone last year, and apparently it'll grow though the winter - behold it's fecund beauty!

salad
And in situ nestling next to it's new friends, mozzarella, proscuitto and peaches. They played very nicely together:

mozzarella, peach and parma ham salad
The swift nature of this dish (if you don't count growing the salad leaves) means I can pre-prepare something for the ana's as I'm out tomorrow night with Anil and Magnus, pulling birds. We opt for tomato, red onion and creme fraiche tart, if only to use up the punnets of cherry tomatoes cluttering up the fridge since Milo decided he doesn't eat them anymore. Naturally it's a triumph!

tomato, red onion and creme fraiche tart

sources
mozzarella, peach, basil and parma ham salad - Delicious, August 2005
tomato, red onion and creme fraiche tart - Delicious, 2005 or 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo