Friday 11 February 2011

simon rimmer's white bean chilli

After last night's impromptu drinks with Mr Peter Leary esquire, we're back on track tonight with Simon Rimmer's white bean chilli.

It also has the added bonus of using half a large bottle of lager in the recipe, meaning I can see off the rest whilst idly flicking through various rugby blogs in anticipation of tomorrow's Scotland-Wales match. Everybody's a winner - or are they?


There's *definitely* something missing with this tonight, and I can't quite put my finger on it until I look back at some previous versions. Admittedly I didn't have enough chilli (note to self: order more), but what this dish requires is grated cheese - it really balances the flavours out.

sources
white chilli - Simon Rimmer, Delicious, March 2009, p123

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there are many things that aren't improved by lashings of grated cheese! I am making my version of your sesame chicken tonight! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, how I long for summer (although technically I *don't* as I'm a winter bod), but I like the idea of eating sesame chicken, in the garden, with some rose. Until Ana ruins it of course, by insisting we have 8 times a week, occasionally interspersed with three-rice chicken salad.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo