Thursday 17 February 2011

angela boggiano's creamy chicken, chive and mustard gratin

So, having prepped last night and with Ana out for Jude's pre-birth last supper, tonight we're all about the experimental creamy chicken, chive and mustard gratin. I suppose technically it's only experimental because it's yet to appear in the hallowed virtual pages of this blog, but I distinctly remember making it in 2007 when the Feb issue of Delicious came out, so it's not the first time I've made it. However *however* my best laid plans slip betwixt lip and bush.

First, having read Milo a couple of bedtime stories and then snuggled down with him before he dropped off, I inexplicably managed to fall asleep, only to wake up an hour later drooling on his pillow with a hot baby head stuck under my chin. I follow this up by making up too much creamy sauce and not enough fluffy potato so the end result, a full two hours late, is a bit soup-ier than I originally planned:


It's till cocking marvellous though. Lor' bless thee Mistress Boggiano!

Food of the Milos
TBC

sources
creamy chicken, chive and mustard gratin - Angela Boggiano, Delicious, February 2007, p61

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo