Friday 18 February 2011

angela boggiano's herby chicken and lemon rice

Wowzers - an Angela Boggiano hat trick! Tonight we've got the third A Boggiano recipe from Delicious February 2007's "Take one, make three" feature. The first two - spiced chicken noodle soup and creamy chicken, chive and mustard gratin - I've made at various points since those halcyon 2007 days, but tonight's is an entirely new meal for us, and I have to say I'm quite excited.

It's a bit like a very moist risotto, deliberately I think, and packed with flavour from the poached chicken broth - in fact it's very much like a rice and broad beans dish I vaguely remember cooking a couple of years ago. Not that that's very helpful of course...

I can see this as being much better on lovely summer dish, as the rice does tend to lose heat quite quickly. However, how often to do you get three excellent dishes out of one mini-recipe? Genius!


Food of the Milos
By the time I get home tonight I'm entertained by the brilliant vision of Milo in just his pants, a t-shirt and his wellies, pointing out a giant spider in our hall dubbed 'Amelia' to Isla, who's wearing a dress and a pair of football boots. Ana, Claire and Pheebs are sheltering in the kitchen with an (empty) bottle of wine...
Breakfast: Nibbles & porridge;
Lunch: Boiled egg;
Dinner: Left-over chicken and chive gratin, which him and Isla wolf down - hurrah!

sources
herby chicken and lemon rice - angela boggiano, Delicious, February 2007, p61

2 comments:

  1. So the spider is still terrorising your household? What did you do with it? I nearly got run off the road this week by a giant hand sized spider... it was on the outside of my car window, thank god. Ugh, shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Now, we're quite spider-friendly in our house, so 'Amelia' tends to wander from room-to-room without being bothered overly, although we are currently locked into a cycle of "Where's Amelia?". We don't know, is the answer...

    Of further arachnid import, we've had two bad spider incidents, both of which are directly (or indirectly) your fault: I received a spider bite playing golf on the Wanderers course the morning of your wedding, which caused my hand to swell up massively - YOUR fault! And we shared our Bure in Fiji with the world's biggest spider which managed to get itself under the mossie net and onto our pillows, during our holiday on the way back from NZ. That's indirectly your fault as we went to NZ via YOUR wedding.

    Still, I love spiders, although I *do* wonder where Amelia is...

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo