Monday 21 February 2011

sausage and bacon toad-in-the-hole

After yesterday's pie success, tonight we've got a batter near miss. I've never cooked toad in the hole before, and given we have pancakes most weekends and Milo loves sausages, it seems a no-brainer. However the result is *not* what I anticipated...


Still, the bits which aren't overly crispy are pretty tasty. I figure contrary to Fran's recipe I'll give it 10 minutes less than advertised, which should make it about perfect. Sadly the unforeseen carbonisation means there will be no sausages in pancakes for Milo's tea tomorrow. For shame.

Food of the Milos
No nursery this week as it's half-term, which means Ana's got a difficult week of entertaining on her hands. Luckily she's got some of Jacqui's biscuits from yesterday to use as bribery, as well as a trip to the park with Zoe, Zac and Joe on the cards.

Nibbles are a default these days so you don't need to know about them, (ignore the fact I've just told you), but I've no idea what he had for lunch. For dinner he had more chicken and leek pie, and unlike yesterday's fannying about, tonight he eats it all.

sources
sausage and bacon toad-in-the-hole - Fran Wardle, Delicious, Feb 2007, p128

3 comments:

  1. I have never made toad-in-the-hole but might stick this on Ron's list to make seeing as though he is the master of yorkshire puddings in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I used to love my Mums toad in the hole and I do feel an urge to make this. No doubt Davissss will grumble but then if I only stuck to his preferences we'd be looking like either a plate of fish and chips, roast chicken dinner or curry. Thats right, just 3 things that he likes. Hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say it *is* easy, and if I had a light-bulb in the oven that worked, I wouldn't have burnt it. Deffo give it a go, I have high hopes when we cook it again Monkey Nuts (Milo not Ana) will love it. Bet he doesn't though...

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo