Tuesday 15 February 2011

bill granger's miso fish with spring onions & sesame seeds and leon's persian onion soup

Despite it being February, we're desperately trying to stick to our budget guns, which means tonight we're eating *whatever* is going to go off first. It's chicken, but despite being inspired by a Mac-fuelled Lucyfer (who insists she'll be blogging soon) I can't be cracked to poach it, cool it, strip it and make a pie OR a risotto-y thing, so it's our new favourite five-minute fish dish instead. Bill Granger's ace miso fish, in fact.


I imagine this would be brilliant in the Summer - Sarah, give it a spin and let us know - but it's not so cold today, so it feels virtuous rather than frigidly misplaced.

One positive side effect of the miso fish is I can make up a fresh batch of soup since the tomato soup from last night was gourmandised by swansea university alumni womenfolk, with no thought of what I'm going to have for lunch tomorrow. Luckily I have a clear idea - Persian Onion Soup, which I spotted in the Leon Cookbook. It looks insane, but you can smell the healthy vibes coming off it's turmericky base AND I know for a fact one wife who won't go near it's onion-y goodness!


 Naturally we finish the evening with Misfits.

Food of the Milos
Super Spandy McTartlin was up today with Cerys in tow, so it was all about the snacking in between playing.
Breakfast: Nibbles and porridge;
Lunch: Thomas the Tank Engine pasta shapes on toast, fruit, carrots;
Dinner: Bill Granger's Lazy pasta with cheese and peas

sources
miso fish with spring onions & sesame seeds - Bill Granger, Feed Me Now, p78
apple's persian onion soup - Leon, Naturally Fast Food Book 2, p80. Apple? These people really are scum

2 comments:

  1. 'Apple'?! ridiculous. They do need a sock in the chops. I finally put the book to good use and made the pasta with bacon, pesto and peas for our smallest resident and it is fair to say it went down very well. Only think is, its calorie tastic and I practically sit on him willing him to leave me some....bad mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have the miso fish recipe and I definitely need it please! Sitting on your son so he can share his dinner, Lucy, you should be ashamed! (I sometimes scoop their leftovers into my mouth with my fingers...)

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo