Wednesday 16 February 2011

leon's broccoli with garlic, cashew nuts and chilli & salmon and angela boggiano's poached chicken broth

We're on short-orders tonight as the mighty Arsenal are playing those awful Catalans in the Champions League and, much to Ana's disgust, I've commandeered the TV tonight.

Two things need to happen tonight (well three if you count giving Xavi et al a right good Franco-British rogering - thank you RVP and Andy Arshavin!):
1. We need a dinner that's quicker than light to prepare;
2. And I also need to get the next two night's dinner prepped by poaching some chicken.

Luckily I manage both with the added benefit of only missing Barcelona's goal, and I also manage to use up the left-over cabbage in Leon's broccoli dish *and* we had interesting salmon in the form of the extra-pink and meaty Sockeye variety. Ana is only happy about one of these things, and I have to bow to her knowledge, the cabbage does overpower the broccoli. Still, I've got football to watch so who cares?


So, whilst I'm watching the footie and Ana is watching the Nation's Favourite Independent Video-on-Demand Service in bed, we've got some chicken poaching for the rest of the week's dinners. Lucyfer, is this anything like yours?


Food of the Milos
Not only is it a Julia day, but he's staying for dinner tonight as Ana has a staff meeting. When I find his book I will update accordingly, but it's probably a torrent of pasta, sausages and yoghurt.

sources
leon's broccoli with garlic, cashew nuts & chilli - Leon: Naturally Fast Food, p60
poached chicken broth - Angela Boggiano, Delicious February 2007, p59

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo