Saturday 26 February 2011

jill dupleix's white bean polpettine with turmeric potatoes - all slightly blackened

Okay, very blackened so it's just as well I was a little too drunk to even consider taking a picture. Just imagine this, but covered in charcoal.

It all started so well today as well. With Ana and Milo lording it up on the Isle of Wight, not only did I get a lie-in, I ended up spending two hours in bed watching last night's Wales U20 Vs Italy game on the iPlayer. Chores done, I took a quick scoot through Barnes before getting back laden down with 18 Guinness (there was an offer), and ready to cook a quick pre-game lunch: Cambembert and chorizo omlette.

And then Wales were shit scraping past Italy, and then I watched the England game, and then I started cooking - only this time I had to use butter beans as I'd used the cannellini beans in Tuesday night's curry - and continued drinking. Then Midsomer Murders came on, then I forgot the dinner. It wasn't totally ruined, just blackened, but I was too drunk to care. Good Midsomer though...

sources
white bean polpettine - Jilly D, the Parsley Book
turmeric-spiced potatoes - Bill Granger, Holiday, p191

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo