Tuesday 18 January 2011

oven-roasted pepper and garlic gnocchi

As promised, first up here's a picture of Ana and Milo's butterfly cakes. I had another one and half tonight when I got home - mmmmm!


Honestly, they can cook every day if there's a lovely platter of cakes on the table when I get home. Buoyed by cake, I take a quick trip down the road to buy some Feta whilst roasting a pot of peppers, garlic and tomatoes in the oven. I have to run mind, because you only let them tick away for 20 minutes before you cook the gnocchi. It's an oldie, but a sturdy favourite for a chilly night.


I have managed to keep yesterday's promise, so if you're interested we had Heston's pea and pancetta spaghetti on Sunday.

Food of the Milos
Breakfast: toast and nibbles, followed by some snacks of humzingers and Marmite rice cakes;
Lunch: leek and potato soup, toast, clementines and inevitably, butterfly cakes at Claire and Isla's;
Dinner: Pasta with cream cheese and peas, followed by fruit salad.

sources
oven-roasted pepper and garlic gnocchi - Delicious, One Month Healthy Eating booklet, February 2007, p16

2 comments:

  1. *Droooooools*

    The cakes look bloody ace! (so does gnocchi but you always get compliments RGB)It is most unfair that I have imposed a very silly ban on cake for myself J4J (just for January) along with booze. It is making me irritable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily for us we're on C4J - Cakes for January, so I'm anything but irritable. Ana informs there are better pictures of the cakes on her phone, but as she only told me tonight it's a little late to change but maybe I'll add some more tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo