Tuesday 4 January 2011

chick pea and tomato soup with chorizo

Life isn't sweet today despite spending nearly all of it in bed. Man flu is a terrible affliction. Luckily Ana takes Milo off this morning and lets me sleep, but a hyperactive three year-old who wants to bounce on the bed whilst watching Scooby-Doo all afternoon is no panacea to my ills.

Having eaten yesterdays experimental minestrone for lunch, all I can face for dinner is more soup. Given we're still waiting for the nice Ocado man to turn up, we're again thrown onto the mercy of the cupboards, but mercifully we're never short of tinned tomatoes. Or chorizo, weirdly...


Brenda you are totally right re this dish, we've had it loads since Ana discovered it. I've still got some back-filling to do on the blog, but one of the things I've done is worked out the amount of times we've eaten all the recipes over 2010. We ate this three times last year, and we only found it in November! Fascinating I know, I'm available for weddings, bar mitzvahs, funerals...

sources
chick pea and tomato soup with chorizo and green chilli - Bill Granger, Delicious, February 2008 p68

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo