Saturday 15 January 2011

atul kochhar's old-fashioned chicken curry

Now I know we're supposed to be trying to vegetarian this month, but we're really forced into breaking the pact to stop the chicken going off.

We'd originally bought it under the illusion one or the other of us was going to make Milo some breaded chicken goujons, but now all it's good for is making one of Atul Kochhar's spectacular curries. Milo's loss is our gain...


I think on this is probably my favourite Atul curry that I've tried so far, and also having potatoes and rice makes it feel a bit lighter than perhaps a big plate of rice would. There's probably the same amount of carbs though.

sources
old-fashioned chicken curry - Atul Kochhar, Observer Food Monthly, February 2009, p24
turmeric-spiced potatoes - Bill Granger, Holiday, p191 

2 comments:

  1. I love Atul Kochar - his recipes seem to have a bit of something extra from a 'regular' curry don't they? I make his lamb curry with chickpeas a lot (Delicious Nov '06 P100) using tinned chickpeas instead of dried and diced lamb instead of steaks (also tinned tomatoes if I haven't got super ripe and tasty fresh ones) - its ruddy marvellous. I am going to try this chicken curry though as it looks really yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't find it on the web anywhere - please may you put the recipe up for us dedicated barnescubed fans?! x

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo