Friday 21 January 2011

bill granger's chilli bean burritos

Because we've tried not to drink during the week since the New Year, the past couple of Friday night's have been fairly silly, as we watch stupid telly and get drunk on cornershop wine. However tonight it's all change: We had wine last night, Ana's out tonight and I'm home alone

Since seeing Dan Brown (not that one) eating a burrito at work today, I've had a hankering for Billy G's version, with a little bit more chilli in than is strictly necessary, and a side order of tangy radish sprouts. Do you like the arrangement? I made a little station to construction them on the work surface, rather than doing it all on a plate:


Today's retro update: Last Wednesday's chick pea and spinach curry.

Food of the Milos
We'll have to wait for Ana to get back from the boozer to discover what Milo had today. I'm guessing boiled egg by the egg cups in the washing up rack, and he had half my porridge for breakfast, but that's all I know.

sources
chilli bean burritos with sweetcorn salsa - Bill Granger, Every Day, p56

4 comments:

  1. I am not entirely sure about the addition of tangy radish sprouts to chilli burritos. It reminds me of the time Ron tried to spice up our chicken burritos by adding chopped cashew nuts, his explanation: "they taste nice in chinese food?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We-lll, you're sort of right I suppose, they were a little too peppery for them, and I probably won't be making that mistake again. But what to do with half a bag of sprouts...

    Are you monkey's well? I have a mental note to a) try your asian minced pork with lettuce leaves, and b) stick up the creamy fish pie recipe. I shall do so tout suite-ish

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all very well thank you, I am making fillet steak with baked potatoes and bearnaise sauce for dinner tonight to celebrate Ron and my 7 year wedding anniversary today. Wow, it feels like yesterday, miss you guys as always. I love, love, love your food blog, love it! So great hearing what you are up to/eating, how middle-aged you are, just like us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey - it does not feel like seven years ago! That was a great wedding, happy days indeed. Bon Anniversaire Le Blancs!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo