Tuesday 25 January 2011

leon's broccoli with garlic, cashew nuts and chilli & salmon

I'm afraid once again football has stopped blogging today (hurrah for the mighty Arsenal!), which means I've failed to do any backdating tonight. Soz. However, it's a happier football watching house this week, thanks to the glories of live-streaming on the iPlayer, which means Ana can watch Silent Witness in the front room and I can watch the footie in the kitchen on the laptop.

As it turns out this is just as well because after last week's less-than-stomach-filling portions, we've decided to beef it up with the addition of Bill Granger's baked new potatoes on a bed of salt. Unfortunately for some reason this takes about half an hour longer than advertised. Still, they are the perfect accompaniment to the salty, tangy greens and baked fish.


The broccoli also reminds me of something weird which happened when I went to give blood today.vThey had to do the blood test twice because my iron levels were low, which I was surprised at given I had two pints of Guinness at rugby on Saturday, and we've also eaten spinach, broccoli and almost a whole bush of cavalo nero in the last three or four days. Apparently kidney beans are the key if you're being vegetarian, although I'm opting for a hearty beef injection fnar fnar!

Food of the Milos
God he was up early today, and in accordance with our new resolution to play with him more in the morning, I get up to read, watch Octonauts and generally oaf about. To be honest, whatever time he gets up, it's too early...
Breakfast: nibbles (mango, banana, apple), toast with honey;
Lunch: egg sandwich;
Dinner: sausage, mini corn, carrots and green beans, mango with ice cream, banana.

Banana, custard and honey appear to be his new addictions.

sources
leon's broccoli with garlic, cashew nuts & chilli - Leon: Naturally Fast Food, p60
baked new potatoes on a bed of salt - Bill Granger, Holiday, p158

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo