Monday 24 January 2011

bill granger's crispy chicken and cavalo nero

As it's a Monday, do not expect an awful lot of excitement. By the time I get back from work Milo is already zonked out from a heady Monday spent at Nursery and cycling around the park with Isla, so all we've got left to do is watch the new series of Glee, and choose whether we're going to eat fish, or chicken... Oh the giddy heights of urban living!

Actually I *am* mildly excited because I want to road test my new Le Crueset deep frying pan, so Billy G's crispy chicken it is!


Needless to say the pan is a triumph, I love this pan more than life itself! Not only did it crisp the chicken perfectly, it also wilted the cavalo nero, (which I managed to inexplicably buy for 27p from Sonny's, Barnes' most expensive deli, and which was stripped using Dave Taylor's patented method), in a trice.

For your delectation and delight, I've also managed to squeeze two more updates to the recent past:
Food of the Milos
Breakfast: Humzinger, porridge and a smoothie;
Lunch: Humzinger (again) and rice cakes on the way back from nursery, houmous, carrot sticks, a cheese sandwich and an apple;
Dinner: Vegetable bolognese, which he's now decided he doesn't like. This strangely reminds me of somebody else... Mango and custard for dessert.

sources
crispy chicken and cavalo nero - Bill Granger, Simply Bill, p38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo