Wednesday 11 August 2010

tomato curry

Questions questions. I've been working from home today waiting for someone from the National Grid to come and exchange our gas meter (thanks for not turning up National Grid), so I've been pondering tonight's dinner all day.

Mainly this is because I'm sat opposite the fridge, which gives me ample opportunity to gaze at it's many many ingredients to use tonight:
  • six odd tomatoes
  • cheese (cheddar, apericubes and parmesan)
  • a courgette
  • half a bag of rocket
  • a lemon
  • a bag of coriander
  • lots of condiments
  • milk
Hmmm, For a while it looked like it was going to be an experimental pasta dish, but do one courgette and some tomatoes make a decent pasta sauce? I'm unconvinced and look to the blog for inspiration. I can't believe I've been so blind to be honest.

A quick trip to the cornershop for some coconut milk, and two bottles of St Helier pear, raspberry and lime cider (to remove the taste of the awful Bulmers left lurking in the fridge) - and I've got everything I need for Simon Hopkinson's classic tomato curry.

tomato curryIt's the perfect accompaniment for another night's Sharpe-ing, and a good blast of sticking old recipes into the variety of notebooks I've bought.

Incidentally, the St Helier's stuff is marvellous, two bottles gone almost instantaneously and weirdly a really nice combination of flavours. Magners! Gahh, you need to move back to Tewkesbury if that's your attitude Les Bren!

sources
tomato curry - Simon Hopkinson, Delicious, November 2007, p86

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo