Saturday 14 August 2010

mediterranean halloumi salad & rich beef ragu

I never realised it was Friday 13th yesterday...

Anyhoo, today is busier than a really busy buzzy bee, and by the end of it only a large dose of booze keeps us upright.

Knackered from splashing about at our new favourite swimming pool, scooting to the back-end of Barnes, getting his hair cut and generally oafing around the shops of SW14, we get the cheeky one into bed by seven-ish and then I embark on a mini-cooking marathon - and one I have to say I'm pretty pleased with...

First on the hob is massive batch of rich beef ragu, enough for about six portions in the freezer for Milo, and large lunchbox for me and Spana. I have to say, it's probably my most flavoursome one yet, I have no idea why - maybe the homegrown rosemary, or the ice cubes of red wine? - but after three hours bubbling it's absolutely perfect!

Ragu simmering, attention turns to our dinner and Ana insists on halloumi salad. She's so adventurous.

mediterranean halloumi salad

sources
mediterranean halloumi salad - Delicious, June 2010, p24
rich beef ragu - Delicious, March 2007, p51

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo