Tuesday 20 April 2010

lamb tagliata

The virtuous diet continues with one of ana's favourite salads, Jilly Dupleix's Lamb Tagliata.

It's extra tasty tonight for a couple of reasons. Rather than fall into the usual trap of buying oddly-sized cuts of meat over the internet, I get some lamb from the butchers on Saturday - two cutlets, and a neck fillet. It's slightly more expensive *but* you get more and better meat for your English Pound Sterlings. Also, I bulk out the rosemary salt with a good handful of the dried rosemary from the herb collection my mum gave me for Christmas.

lamb tagliata

As I say extra-tasty, and mildly healthy.

FYI Brenda, I have added this post from the past - I couldn't be cracked to sort out the photo until now...

Food of the Milos
Emperor Nero requested grapes, apples, tomatoes, marmite rice cakes and bread in a lunch box for breakfast today. He then had another packed lunch at Kew gardens with Kiki and Finn, only this time it consisted of housmous, carrot sticks, and Baby Bel cheese. Brilliantly, he spurned last night's fish and lentils and demanded another picnic for dinner. So more apple, cherry tomatoes and tangerine, and some Munchy Seeds. Oh, and a tiny piece of chocolate. He's well odd.

sources
lamb tagliata - Jill Dupleix, Delicious, October 2007, p138

1 comment:

  1. ah brilliant. This is just the inspiration needed thank you! We're all feeling a tad 'lardy' at the moment and need some tasty alternatives to our usual lard laden creations. I completely agree with you on the butcher front too. lb for £ you get so much more meat don't you? you need less of it and it goes further therefore making a myth of the supermarket being the cheaper option. I need to find a good one near to us here as I still go to Tewks! I now have camera BTW and will post tomorrow so that Ana is home when it arrives on Fri otherwise you'll prob have to collect from the PO.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo