Monday 12 April 2010

spinach & smoked salmon pasta with lemon

What's missing from this picture?

spinach & smoked salmon pasta with lemon

Ana and milo have taken themselves off to the Diamond Isle for the week, so you would be correct to say "ana having a large glass of rose, whilst milo watches The Gruffalo in the background", but that's not the answer I'm looking for. Also, I've got a bottle of wine open just out of shot, so that's not the answer. Give up?

It would appear ana was only half-listening to me last night, as I explained my plan NOT to go shopping this week and instead clear out the freezer and fridge, *apart* from tonight when I'll use up the rest of last nights smoked salmon. I only spent 40 minutes trying to find a suitable recipe, before coming home today to find the fridge bereft of smokey smokey fish. She's dead to me.

Still, the spinach pasta with lemon was okay(ish), but you definitely need the fish to cut through the richness of the cream/creme fraiche.

sources
spinach & smoked salmon pasta with lemon - Donna Hay, The Instant Cook, p61

1 comment:

  1. I was gutted to discover that the gruffalo was on last week here, NO ONE TOLD ME so I couldn't sky+ it. Sigh. Now I will have to try and download it illegally. Glad you guys had such a fun weekend, we miss those kinds of weekends desperately!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo