Thursday 29 April 2010

hot chilli

With half the salad stuck to the back of the fridge - including the spinach I'd planned to make meatballs with - ana's make the executive decision to have Hot Chilli, as she's cold.

It's a top idea because we haven't had it for ages, and more importantly I've got two handy versions: The weekend recipe, using a secret combination of many many spices, and taking many many hours of slow simmering (and constant 'testing' with small pieces of bread), and the 45 minute mid-week version courtesy of Delicious.


hot chilli
Personally I think it's perfect for the monkey, but ana thinks it's too spicy for him. Only later I realise the evil genius of the woman, as she scarfes down an extra milo-sized portion. Man she's good.

Food of the Milos
Nero returns this morning, but luckily not on our watch. Instead Julia has to feed him pate on toast for breakfast (!), before refusing fish pie for lunch. With grim inevitability, not eating fish pie at lunchtime doesn't preclude him eating fish pie at dinner time. What is going through his mind?

sources
hot chilli - Delicious. I don't know when this was, I would suspect it was from the years 2005-2006, which I've now cut up to make space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo