Thursday 22 April 2010

fragrant chicken & spinach curry and turmeric potatoes

Having rescued herself from being stranded in Portugal using the medium of paying a youthful Brit a stack of Euros to drive her to Biarritz, tonight we're entertaining the lovely Miss K Smither. Rather than the 14 hour meatball-fest I "treated" her to last time she was in Blighty, we opt for classic curry.

Amusingly I overtake her walking into Barnes, giving me ample time to get to Waitrose to get the booze and back before her arrival. Double amusingly, I had to leave her on the doorstep and then make her sit quietly in the front room whilst we inveigh a tired blond bombshell into bed. Here she is later, making up for the enforced quiet time:

kate smither
The great thing about Kate is she's passed from being my friend to ana's friend, and the two of them spend all night gassing on and on, the highlight being an amazing theory on drinking and a lady's special time. Fascinating, and a conversation I didn't want to join in whilst stirring curry.

Kate and Ana
Why is Ana always in the right of these photos? Anyway, as this is supposed to be a food blog here is a lovely picture of the turmeric potatoes:

tumeric potatoes

Food of the Milos
A morning of the usual heavy-snacking in lieu of breakfast at Julia's, followed by pasta. For dinner he's back on the left-overs and stuffs himself with last night's lamb pilaf. Hurrah!

sources
fragrant chicken & spinach curry - Bill Granger, Every Day, p141
turmeric potatoes - Bill Granger, Holiday, p190

1 comment:

  1. Yay more photos of people! I need to see some Ana and Milo photos please. I have just discovered Economy Gastronomy on telly here and feel miffed that they are patenting my tried and tested theory of meal planning and only buying what you need. I have saved an awful lot of money though!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo