Tuesday 6 April 2010

roast chicken and three-rice salad

What comes after a roast chicken? In these lard-dodging times it can only mean one thing - chicken and rice salad. It doesn't look much but with sesame oil, lime juice and fish sauce it packs a decent punch, and it's remarkably filling. We have it with tortillas rather than bread these days, so it's also quite filling.

roast chicken and three-rice salad

Brilliantly enough, there's enough for ana to entertain Melissa with tomorrow and I make some sort of soup out of what's left of the potato and sausage casserole for my packed lunch.

sources
roast chicken & three-rice salad (although I use one rice) - Delicious, July 2008, p64

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I have everything apart from the mint. I have tarragon but think it might clash with the coriander too much as they're both quite 'citrus / soapy' aren't they? ..... anyway, I shall have a go at it and let you know how it went! PS - have Thomasina Myers 'Mexican' book (decided to ignore the wait til payday rule) and it looks veeery good (although she has really wonky teeth which is off-putting) I will let you know of any significant successes from it! I may just drink tequila whilst I browse...

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo