Friday 9 October 2009

chicken, tomato and fennel casserole & leek and potato soup

I've had my eye on this dish for ages, and tonight seems as good a night as any to try it out. Despite the slightly controversial inclusion of fennel (although I love it), it's not a particularly memorable dish.

I mean it's okay, it's nice but it's hardly a taste sensation which is odd given it's got orange peel, smoked paprika, saffron, fennel and honey in it. Maybe that's why I'm disappointed with it, I expected more.

chicken, tomato and fennel casseroleAnyway, whilst the chicken is casseroling away I also take time to knock up some leek & potato soup for lunch this week, and a couple of portions for the monkey in the freezer.

leek & potato soupsources
chicken, tomato and fennel casserole - Bill Granger, Every Day, p132
leek & potato soup - Delicious Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo