Thursday 30 June 2011

jill dupleix's spaghetti alla carrettiera

After last night's drunken closing-then-saving party, tonight it's Ana's turn to go out. She hasn't got anything massively exciting planned, just going to Wembley to watch some fat, middle-aged men sing some songs that were quite-to-fairly popular back when we were at college. Take that? I'd rather not fanks...

Whilst she's out with menopausal women and the gays (and I'm not referring to Kendra, Lara or Rosie), I manage to squeeze in a powernap with Milo before knocking up Jilly D's classic home alone Roman spaghetti dish. This is the first time I've done it without pancetta - we didn't have any and I didn't think it needed any - but it's amazing the difference leaving out a tiny ingredient, seemingly only garnish, makes to the end product. I couldn't really be cracked with the photo either:


Dinner sort-of done, the rest of the evening is spent finishing the various left-over bottles of cider and rosé in the fridge whilst watching multiple episodes of my new favourite TV show - Horrible Histories.

It's entirely populated by amazing comedians like Alice Lowe, Simon Farnaby, Sarah Hadland, Matthew Baynton and Jim Howick, and is clearly the best thing on telly. I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover it, I wish I was a kid again. Here's their take on Masterchef:



I'M SHOUTING! I'M SHOUTING FOR NO REASON!

sources
jill dupleix's spaghetti alla carretiera - Jill Dupleix, Delicious, May 2007, p80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo