Sunday 26 June 2011

pan-fried broccoli with chorizo, new potatoes and eggs

We're all feeling slightly jaded today. Ana because she got drunk after the Mortlake Fair with the other Nursery mums, fell asleep in bed with Milo, and had to be forcibly removed to eat her dinner. Milo because he's just tired and me because two days drinking is now just beyond my natural skills. I need to up my rating, particularly as I gave up on a Marple to go to bed last night.

It being the hottest day of the year doesn't improve anybodies mood, although we make a good fist of it over at Chiswick park, splashing in the paddling pool and playing in the adventure playground, before going home and getting our paddling pool out.

We even managed to eat together in the garden, although this time with the slightly less-spicy chorizo than last time:



Strangely it wasn't as moist as last time, possibly because I didn't use as much red wine vinegar as Milo was eating it. I think adding cherry tomatoes to the final fry might add a little something extra as well. Also, didn't bother with poaching the eggs (although I do think they would've been ace), mainly because I couldn't be bothered pfaffing with three eggs, and also given Milo had managed to burn his arms on both saucepans, I figured the addition of further hot pans could only have ended in more disaster.

sources
pan-fried broccoli with chorizo, new potatoes and eggs - Silvana Franco, Delicious, June 2011, p22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo