Monday 7 March 2011

angela boggiano's rich beef ragu

Despite going shopping yesterday, tonight we're having a use-it-before-it-goes-off dinner partly inspired by Milo's recent claims Claire's spaghetti bolognese was the best he'd ever eaten (oh really!), and partly to use up the remaining mince from Thursday's chilli.

To be honest I don't need an excuse to make spagbol, or meatballs for that matter, as there's something comforting in the earthy smells the combination of rosemary, carrot, onions and garlic produce, and both dishes appeal to my constantly-tasting-with-bread approach. Although at some point I *will* have to go to the gym.

Curiously I notice it looks almost exactly the same as the last time I cooked it - consistency eh?


An unexpected benefit of cooking a dish with a fairly long simmering time is that whilst it does mean we eat quite late, I do manage to get a stack of recipe pasting done to further diminish the pile of out of date Delicious Magazines cluttering up the kitchen.

sources
rich beef ragu - Angela Boggiano, Delicious, March 2007, p51

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo