Wednesday 6 January 2010

sweet potato & halloumi stew

Where's the snow? Where's our snow day? Booo...

Having battled back on the metal beast along icy roads, I want something hot and hearty for dinner tonight. Because of the time it takes to read stories to the monkey and put him to bed, I rule out vegetable cottage pie and tomorrow the ana's are learning how to make tomato curry so that leaves an old classic from the Black Book - Sweet Potato & Halloumi stew.

I think it's from Sainsbury's magazine circa pre-NZ. Seeing as the blonde bombshell is having it tomorrow I leave out the chilli. It's still nice though, better than Lucy's pumpkin soup anyway - ha ha ha ha ha!

sweet potato & halloumi stew

Food of the Milos
It's his first day back with Julia so he gets his usual porridge and apricots for breakfast, tuna and tomato pasta for lunch and last night's gnocchi for dinner. He has a lovely fat, warm tummy for me to raspberry when I get home.

sources
sweet potato & halloumi stew - The Black Book

2 comments:

  1. When is this 'black book' going to get published then? I NEED a copy! although DT is the one in the kitchen right now creating his very own version (ie with massive chunks of green chilli) of chilli con carne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got a recipe for this? :) it looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo