Friday 15 January 2010

rye pizzas with courgettes and tomatoes

I might as well have called them 24 hour pizzas, the took soooooooooooooooo long. In fact despite starting just after putting to monkey to bed, we weren't eating til about 23.30.

rye pizzas with courgettes and tomatoes

So like a take away after you've been to the pub for a fun evening then, apart from the fact we weren't drinking, and the pizza bases were a disaster. Kiki pointed out you need a pizza stone for *really* crispy pizza bases, but I identified some more fundamental problems.

1. I couldn't find any rye flour, so I made pizza dough from Billy G's recipe in Feed Me Now. However, I should've paid attention to HIS timekeeping, rather than switching back to the Delicious recipe - which took 20 minutes longer. This resulted in extra hard crusts.

2. With swirling sleet and snow, the kitchen isn't warm enough for dough to rise.

3. We won't be trying the courgette variety again.

Food of the Milos
Porridge for breakfast, eggy bread after rhyme time for lunch and minestrone soup for dinner.

sources
rye pizzas with courgettes & tomatoes - Delicious, February 2010, p110

1 comment:

  1. Silly you, you should have used my magic pizza recipe, no rye anywhere, you can substitute wholewheat flour and they go crispy on my baking tray, no pizza stone anywhere!
    http://tillwemeatagain.blogspot.com/2008/11/another-white-family-favourite-recipe.html
    I roll the dough out smaller and thinner for really crispy bases, but personally I prefer a billowy, pillowy crust with crispy edges. YUM.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo