Sunday 10 January 2010

hearty vegetable pie

Nobody has a hangover today, (although the milos manage to squeeze in a massive spazz-out over playing with Brooksie the leopard in the afternoon), so we do the usual mooching around weekend things: Read in bed, watch Gigglebiz on Cbeebies, go shopping, play playdough and tidy up. It's slightly enlivened by discovering The Gruffalo is inexplicably still on the iPlayer, so we watch that about 500 times.

Tonight we have the vegetable cottage/shepherd's pie, and I make enough of the lentil filling to bung a load in the freezer.

hearty vegetable pie

Cabbage looks a bit washed out.

I forgot to say the other day, on Friday I spent most of the day whinging about The F Word, only for the comments to be about the soundtrack. Gahhh, what a waste!

Food of the Milos
Half a crumpet and half of my Shreddies for breakfast, the magics then graze on our shopping around Sainsburys - a smoothie, half an apple, a rice cake - before a mini lunch of fruit bread. As I cooked the pie over his snoopy-snooze, he has that for dinner with some pomegranate for dessert.

sources
hearty vegetable cottage pie - Delicious, January 2007, p28

1 comment:

  1. ugh, we are back in Oz and I am so depressed I don't feel like eating. xS

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo