Sunday 26 July 2009

steak with cherry tomatoes & cannelini beans

The ana's are ill today, although this is apparently entirely un-related to yesterday's sunday roast. Consequently I take the day off for some Daddy Day-Care whilst she wastes away in bed. Inevitably this involves going to the pond to see the ducks in the morning (babyccino on the way), endless hours of wiggles and meg and mog on TV, and the afternoon in the park. Daddys clearly are the coolest!

Anyway, I'm knackered by the time we get him down and can only face cooking something quick. As it transpires I'm also in the middle of a big 'not throwing food away' kick, so decide to use the steak as soon as possible for this chunky bistro-type affair. The anas perk up enough to eat a large amount of it, drink some wine and complain about the fact I want to watch The Supersizers. Back to work tomorrow - boo!

Food of the Milos
Can't quite remember to be honest, I think he had some of the potato and leek soup we made the other day for lunch, and we may well have defrosted something but lord knows what. Sorry.

sources
steak with cherry tomatoes & cannellini beans - Bill Granger, Every Day, p66

1 comment:

  1. I love the Supersizers! We have just finished the first series, brilliant telly! I watched most it in the middle of the night whilst feeding baby Stella.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo