Sunday 26 July 2009

salad barnnaise

Another Thursday and another night of The Mentalist and loafing about for me, and another night on the town for the anas, who tonight is out for dinner with kendra-kats. God, teachers eh?

Anyway, before the crispy salad starts going soggy I decide on Salad Lyonnaise for tea but crivens! I don't have a handy small baguette to roast in olive oil and rub garlic on, so I miss that out and fry the bacon with garlic instead. Now this may sound odd but I take some inspiration from Trixie Firecracker and decide if she can change a word and take a third (of the profits/credit), I decide the lack of bread means it's an entirely different recipe, therefore Salad Barnnaise! It's strangely nice, although I *am* a little drunk.

Food of the Milos
Weetabix and banana for brekker, philadelphia sandwiches, apple, yoghurt and raisins for lunch, and pizza and kiwi fruit for dinner.

sources
salad lyonnaise - Delicious, August 2009, p80
pizza - Annabel Karmel - Top 100 Finger Foods, p28

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is wonderful. What better salad than one with eggs, bacon and fried bread? And it's been on Masterchef too so it must be good. I made it too, over here http://tvdinners.tv

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo