Tuesday 7 July 2009

prawn fajitas with spicy tomato & avocado salsa

So that's summer over then? A minky day starts with drizzle, then tips it down, then breaks enough for me to get home, then starts again whilst we're talking to Des in the garden.

It's just as well because as I'm pre-heating the oven to roast the chicken a funny smell pervades the kitchen which directly leads to a new parenting rule: #257 Always check the oven for articles placed there by certain blond babies before turning the oven on.

Giving up on roasting chicken until I can get rid of the remains of the plastic measuring jug melted to the bottom of the oven, we try an experimental 'hob'-based dinner identified by the anas in this month's delicious: prawn fajitas with spicy tomato & avocado salsa.

It ticks many boxes: Quick, prawns are an unscary form of fish, and relatively healthy but the one downside is there's not nearly enough. Boo to health!

prawn fajitas with spicy tomato & avocado salsasources
prawn fajitas with spicy tomato & avocado salsa - delicious, August 2009, p107

1 comment:

  1. hah, snort. Sorry, thats one that Amy hasn't done so I can laugh! I am totally uninspired to cook at the moment. I made a huge pot of pea and ham soup this week which I love but no one else likes. Amy says "I smell something Mummy" which means it smells funny, no chance of eating that then. Tonight we are having ravioli and supermarket sauce. Boo. Oh, and I can't eat a curry for a very, very long time after revisiting last Saturday night's one over and over and over with a tummy bug. From both ends. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo