Sunday 19 July 2009

shepherd's pie

Three things happen tonight which determine tonight's feast: The ongoing challenge to move the milos diet away from just pasta, it's chucking it down when I cycle home so I want something hearty and warming and finally, the anas are out. AGAIN!

So whilst she's lording it up at Kate's with some pea and mint cold soup, pork with rhubarb sauce, and blueberry tart, (oh and cheese), I'm suffering at home in the cold. This calls for drastic action, and only two manly men can help me.

St Hugh steps up to the plate with his most excellent shepherd's pie recipe, and whilst that's baking away in the oven, Colonel Richard Sharpe kicks arse in India. It goes so well in fact, I eat three-quarters of the pie leaving the milos only enough for dinner tomorrow and one smallish portion in the freezer. In doing so we now go into tupperware crisis as we've now got a small pile of assorted lids, but no actual pots left. How does that work?

Food of the Milos
If you make it, he will come. And eat. At least if it's last night's spaghetti with cherry tomato sauce. His graze and chipped tooth must be playing on his mind though, because he still doesn't like me. He must be gay.

sources
shepherd's pie - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, River Cottage Meat Book, p504
sharpe's challenge - sean bean and bernard cornwall.

1 comment:

  1. erm.... I might be able to help with the missing pots question? Ben played 'chicken' with it on the A38 and I fear that it may be a little too misshapen for the lid to fit....ahem. we apologise.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo