Friday 17 July 2009

home style chicken curry

Friday night is curry night, and tonight we're saving money by not having a take-away; instead we've got an Atul Kochhar special from the Observer Food Monthly.

Now i've cooked this before and loved it, so I was really looking forward to it but I think the time I spent fannying around looking at chicken thighs in Sainsburys (sorry whag), wasn't time well spent. This becomes rapidly clear once i get home and discover my bone filleting isn't all 'that'.

Whilst being less 'meaty' than originally planned, it's still a good recipe and one I definitely 'Bridport'.

home style chicken curryFood of the Milos
After two night's of culinary victories, I'm delivered the equivalent of a kick in the cobblers when I get back tonight to find a plate of pasta and cheese on the table. It seems the ana's made the mistake of saying he was going to have fish pasta for dinner, forgetting 'pasta' in milo language means smothered in cheese and not a delicately spiced bowl of smoked salmon and rice-shaped pasta. Cobblers!

sources
home style chicken curry - Atul Kochhar, Observer Food Monthly

2 comments:

  1. aah, now you enter the phase of the tricky toddler. Amy is SO particular that if you mention one meal and the provide another, its enough to induce the apocalypse! Right now my child is existing mostly on mini-marshmellows, but they are 99% fat free! Did I tell you I can't eat curry every again after getting gastro after my last curry and revisiting it in all forms for two days after? SOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, what did you have/where did you go?

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo