Saturday 6 June 2009

prawn pad thai & roast vegetable lasagne

As I'm out tomorrow night and once again ITV have spurned my desire for Midsomer Murders, I do a double cook-off whilst listening to the Lions take The Golden Lions apart on the radio.

First up is a variation on Donna Hay's pad thai, this time with some king prawns so we can vaguely count it as our weekly fish dish. the ana's aren't quite convinced, but I think it's pretty good.

prawn pad thaiWhilst we're eating I roast up sweet potatoes, courgettes, tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms for a hearty vegetarian lasagne for my lunch and ana and milo's dinner tomorrow. Strangely I only did half amounts of veg but the full amount of tomatoes, but it's still a bit too dry I think.

Food of the Milo
It's a Julia day today so he has his usual breakfast of bread and philadelphia, beans for lunch and ratatouille for dinner.

sources
pad thai - Donna Hay, Modern Classics Book 1, p 133
roasted vegetarian lasagne - Donna Hay, Modern Classics Book 1, p 75

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo