Thursday 11 June 2009

minty yoghurt lamb with nutty cous cous

With experimental lamb on the menu, the anas do one tonight and go out to The Treehouse with Jude, leaving me and Kayosaurus to bravely soldier on. With no wine I might add...

minty yoghurt lamb with nutty cous cousActually it's pretty good, although predictably half the lamb came out of the griddle just right and the rest was still bleating. Also, I'd be tempted next time to cook the lamb whilst the cous cous was steeping rather than afterwards as the recipe suggests, so that everything is a lot warmer.

Food of the Milos
Another Julia day so it's another day of acting like a foie gras goose in East Sheen; apricot weetabix, banana, more apricots and toast and phili for breakfast, rice with meat sauce, cheese and a homemade chocolate museli bar for lunch, and then three spicy meatballs for dinner. All he needs now is an evening glass of port and he'll be sorted.

source
minty yoghurt lamb with nutty cous cous - Delicious July 2009, p21

3 comments:

  1. Ooh this one looks veeery tasty. I shall be taking my copy of delicious with me to Cornwallland and shall give it a whirl.. (even though I'd planned to make Dave do all the cooking..) What did Ana have for her tea (to accompany the wine?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She had my SCORN! Oh, and fish and chips

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't actually make the lamb but we did enjoy a 3 course dinner of Bill G's spicy pumpkin soup, fresh lobster and salad followed by Bill G's apple and pistachio gallette....it was our anniversary so we felt like making the effort. A day late however having spent the previous night in hospital with his lordship the B-Jammin due to some hideous virus which left him rather breathless (and not in a 'Corrs' way). Anyway, more updates please - I need more food inspiration (I have only bought Bill G's book with me on hols - is that obvious?) x

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo