Wednesday 1 April 2009

ratatouille

Following the interminable tale of Kendra's meatballs, I decide to double up on veg this week and cook her Saint Hugh's ratatouille. It's a triple bonus because there's enough for milos, we have it with a jacket spud, and Kiki gets the rest. Everyone wins, especially if Kendra's got a really small appetite.

ratatouilleIt's a weird one because the anas don't like aubergine, but the four pan method of cooking makes it taste really creamy and she loves it. Well, she liked it more than the expected 'tolerate'.

Food of the Milos
The milos have been on ace form this week, and the combination of hunger and two days of swimming mean he's really hungry, consequently this time he *does* eat the pasta bows with prosciutto and peas. Although I don't have any prosciutto, but ignore that. He eats it all. Marvellous!

Recipe Vote
The public have spoken, but I'm going to sort-of ignore the clamor for recipes. That is I've had a test run and it takes far too long to write them out every night, instead I'll continue to link to the relevant book. However I'm a nice chap so I'll write out the most requested recipe each week. Until I get bored. Thanks for playing though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo