Thursday 26 March 2009

warm mushroom & halloumi salad with red wine vinagrette

Experimental cookery evening, and tonight we're trying a new salad. Ana 'loves' experimental cookery, but she's hoist by her own petard; the recipe is in her hand-writing in the black new zealand book. I bought all my Donna Hay mags back, so it could've come from either the original Aussie version of Delicious, or some random antipodean ladies mag. 'Zust' maybe?

warm mushroom & haloumi salad with red wine vinagrette
Anyway, we like but maybe we'll be keeping it for the summer?

Food of the Milos
Tonight he had a big bowl of the ratatouille with some wholemeal pasta, a kiwi fruit and a fromage frais.

Mrs White (does hand actions), we haven't tried him on tuna yet I don't think? I think it'll happen as we reacquaint ourselves with the fush. You're quite right about it all changing when they speak, and I'm dreading that day.

Brendas, surely B-Jamin' will be on goujons of whatever Davisss can hoik out of the river?

3 comments:

  1. Hah! That means Ben might end up eating Wullington Boot Gujons then right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! yes indeed and to be honest it would be no surprise. The boy likes weird food it must be said.

    russells - I love the look of this recipe. I shall be badgering you to post the 'method' (how very 1950s housewife of me) a.s.a.p as haloumi is my bestest cheese as introduced to me by Anas at a certain boat house do a while back. Ah, memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - who the heck made the 1 vote for no recipes?! - I shall hunt them down...

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo