Monday 29 July 2013

jill dupliex's spaghetti alla carretiera

Let's face it, I've done zero experimenting since Ana and Milo left, and with one day to go before I get to kick back Wootton-stylee, I don't think we'll be doing much this time. Instead I feel like entertaining myself with an old favourite: Jill Dupliex's spaghetti alla carretiera.


It's a great combination of meaty tuna, and pungent and fleshy porcini mushrooms, all wrapped up in spaghetti. And another helping of huge squares of parmesan of course. It's feels deceptively light eating it, but I struggle to finish more than one plate, although I obviously struggle through.

Looking back, Mrs Dupliex's got a lot to answer as even a cursory glance down her list of recipes reveals pretty much a greatest hits of our favourite meals: Sesame chicken salad, polpettine, lamb tagliata, and the newly-discovered broad bean crostini to name but four. Interestingly this isn't one of Ana's faves, but it's a meal I look forward to as soon as the door slams on her bottom on her way out. Not that I don't miss her or her bottom of course...

sources
jill dupleix's spaghetti alla carretiera - Jill Dupleix, Delicious, May 2007, p80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo