Thursday 14 April 2011

warm chilli chicken vietnamese noodle salad

After last night's demi-triumph in The Blue Anchor pub quiz with Miss L Ferguson* (although curiously nobody knew why we'd called ourselves Sarah Lund's Jumper), it's all about the health tonight.

I've been looking forward to making this all week for a few of reasons:
1. It's really quick and easy;
2. There are enough ingredients for lunch tomorrow;
3. It's healthy enough to off-set last night's beers;
4. I love a spicy asian salad.

Actually, it's fairly bloomin' good. I didn't have any coriander (for some reason), and there wasn't enough cucumber, but I did add the small bag of sugar snap peas Ana kindly left me in the fridge. All in all, definitely one we'll be having again this summer:


The only downside was the fact I ate it all, so it's pitta bread for lunch tomorrow - yay?

sources
warm chilli chicken vietnamese noodle salad - Delicious, May 2011, p20

*We came third AND I didn't fall off my bike this time, so a definite improvement on our last outing.

3 comments:

  1. I knew your reference without even having to click through! I am waiting for Butchy to download The Killing for me... am still indulging myself in my obsession for True Blood for now. Team Eric. In case you were wondering. I love this type of Asian noodle dish, here downunder they make the most delicious crispy noodles in a packet... even more perfect in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crispy noodles? They sound genius! I don't think our selection of noodles over here is particularly great - at least I keep destroying every type of glass noodle going.

    Oh The Killing - you wait, you just wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and this is for you....
    http://llamafont.com/llamafied/80x

    genius!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo