Tuesday 16 February 2010

indian-spiced aubergine

It's cocking freezing today. I go into work in an ice storm, I come home in an ice storm - I definitely need some heat in my life. Being too tight to turn the heating up whilst Ana is away, I opt for an experimental curry - Indian-spiced Aubergine.

indian-spiced curry
Sounds awful, but I'm lured by its siren call on the back of a dish Kate ordered when she came for dinner last year. Okay so it's isn't quite the same, and I used a little too much water and not enough seasoning, but once remedied it was really quite nice. It had a surprisingly delicate flavour for something with so many spices in - ginger, ground coriander, cumin seeds, onion seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, chilli and turmeric - although this could be because I used too much water.

Whether Ana can overcome her eggplantphobia will remain to be seen, but I've got enough for lunch tomorrow so I'm alright.

sources
indian-spiced curry - Delicious, March 2010, p83

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo