Thursday 25 February 2010

spinach and parmesan meatballs

Ahhhh, one day to go at AOL (or is it Aol.?) towers before I am the resurrection at SeeSaw, and I'm ever-so slightly drunk.

It's been a lovely, slightly-unreal, caffeine-fuelled day and now I'm home alone 'cos Kiki has stolen the anas (again) for a meal out at Mrs Danvers. This means I get the chance to cook one of my favourite meals - Angela Boggiano's meatballs from the classic December 2007 edition of Delicious. Bliss!

So, today. To start I had a breakfast meeting for the launch of uber-trendy 'urban' restaurant Canteen's debut recipe book.

Although I'm strictly embargoed from spilling any gossip until the 4th I can tell you I sat next to the head chef and ate bubble and squeak, which was divine, however I discover there is a distinct difference between interviewing feckless TV stars and recalcitrant music youths, and proper chefs. The key theme seems to be no matter how many episodes of Saint Hugh I've watched, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

*Sigh*, the freelance food blogging career has got off to a bad start. At least I managed to secure an invitation to Ottolenghi's book launch in a couple of weeks...

After breakfast I naturally have a lunch date with the equally lovely (and bad) Lucyfer Ferguson for another pizza at the Lyric, followed by some minor pfaffing at work, office-closing drinks and finally, via a quick stop at the off licence, here cooking.

spinach and parmesan meatballs

And can you guess which celebrity chef helped me cook tonight? I'll give you some clues - he should've been in bed two hours ago, he filled mummy's wedding teapot up with chopped carrot, ate blanched spinach and, incredibly, demanded some more stories before he went back to bed.

celebrity chef

As a final aside I've got to come clean, thanks to Murphy I'm now addicted to Ed Reardon. Damn your 12-year-old-mind Murphy!

Food of the Celebrity Chefs
Whatever he eats at Julia's today, we've got an ace up our sleeves - bolognese from last night awaiting his blonde pleasure. Oh yes, who are the best parents?

sources
spinach and parmesan meatballs - Delicious, December 2007, p46

1 comment:

  1. So now I am confused, are you a food blogger, a new media bitch and what exactly is seesaw? nice website however.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo