Saturday 13 April 2013

spinach, tomato and chick pea curry

I know Chaucer favoured April showers, but this is getting ridiculous. Not only has it tanked down for a whole week, the weather gods have kindly thrown in some arctic winds into the mixer. Thanks Thor.

To make matters worse, I'm in a right, redundancy-based grump and spend most of the day picking arguments with lovely Ana. It could be our new alcoholic cold turkey of course. Anyway, she gamely plays along for a while, pointing out my inadequacies, before finally snapping and kicking me out for a run in the tempest on the basis it'll cheer me up.

15K later, she's almost right as I return damp, cold and marginally mollified. Even better, not only have Ana and Milo made a tray of brownies, perfect for post-run energising, but there's also the latest Scandi-crime-drama, Arne Dahl, on TV to look forward to.

Chilled to bone, I'm half tempted to join Milo in the bath, but just about sort myself out with a shower and a temporary injection of brownies. I still manage to fall asleep on snuggling duty.

Still, curry for dinner and seeing as it's so cold, I double the ginger to drive out the damp. No photo though, sorry...

sources
spinach, tomato and chick pea curry - Waitrose Recipe Cards, Early September 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo