Saturday 29 May 2010

vegetable curries & Miss Lucyfer Guson

Tonight I'm supposed to be home alone as Ana Louise is out boozing it up with Kiki and her sister Lara, so I get social and invite Lucyfer over for a post-wedding-of-the-year gossip debrief.

It's also a good excuse to road test the recent slew of vegetarian curries I've made recently. However, I fail to take into account the essential disorganisation of my charming life partner, who has her dates wrong. Her face also suggests she's not that keen on cauliflower curry, or the projected aubergine curry...

The full menu was:

Lucy and Ana 1
As it turns out, it's all fine. Lucy's skin has resumed its usual deathly indie-pallor after last week's lobstering in the Cornish sun, and even Ana has to admit she quite liked the aubergine curry. Of course she caveats it by pointing out that she'll never eat again, but a moral victory of sorts I think.

Lucy and Ana 2
On a multi-dish cooking level, I was quite pleased I managed to turn out three dishes for three people at pretty much the same time. I put it up there with cooking for eight in Italy, and my last multi-curry extravaganza when Hannah Signy, Robert and Kornelius came to play.

sources
indian-spiced aubergine - Delicious, March 2010, p83
spiced cauliflower curry with red pepper and peas - Delicious, June 2010, p153
tomato curry - Simon Hopkinson, Delicious, November 2007, p86

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo