Tuesday 18 May 2010

mediterranean halloumi salad

Oh look, halloumi salad again. The joy.

I'd like to make it clear I'm not the one obsessed with this dish, but I am becoming a convert. Cutting the halloumi thinner made it less squeaky and more creamy, plus I doubled up on sliced tomatoes which is always a good thing. Oh and we had basil this time, which really lifts the whole meal.

However, the secret ingredient are the grilled peppers which I buy from my bosses favourite secret London Deli, Lina. It is - and they are - amazing. Despite knowing what I wanted, they still insisted I try the varieties of peppers, artichokes, olives and sun dried tomatoes for sale. AND they gave me bonus bag of olives. I love Lina, but don't go there or you'll ruin it.

mediterranean halloumi salad

It's lucky we have double salad because tonight's dinner is interrupted by a small friend who suddenly appears in the doorway and announces "Here I am!"

We let him exhibit all his tricks for 40 minutes, whilst he begs food off our plates. I think it's a sign of how much he knows he's on borrowed time when he eats olives, which under normal circumstances get as far as his mouth before he remembers he doesn't like them...

sources
mediterranean halloumi salad - Delicious, June 2010, p24

3 comments:

  1. This looks very lovely - I am too obsessed with this lovely bouncy cheese so I will force Dave to eat it this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that I didn't make this. Instead, I ordered a version of it whilst out today...made all the more enjoyable as I didn't have to lift a finger. I am such a lazy trout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for Peter's sake! Tu es mort a moi

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo